Saturday, July 5, 2008

Garmin Streetpilot c550 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator

Garmin Streetpilot c550 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator

It's paid for itself time and time again

I am so happy with this GPS unit! I love the text-to-speech feature. It makes everything so much clearer. I don't even have to look at it on busy streets. I just listen and know exactly where to go. I have used the bluetooth with my cell phone and it works fine. Several times I have been lost in an unfamiliar area, and have been able to make it home safely thanks to this unit. I am so happy I bought it, and have no complaints. The battery life is great. I have been amazed at how long the charge is. The screen is bright and clear, and I find it to have just the right amount of detail. I am really happy with the "detour" feature. I also really like that it automatically recalculates a route if you take a different way. It doesn't just say "turn around" like some. The mp3 player works great, too! It just mutes the music momentarily to tell you the next direction. Of course you are going to know some better routes than the GPS might when you are in familiar terrain, but for unfamiliar areas, I find that this is an invaluable tool! I highly recommend it!

What a great GPS

My husband could not be happier with his new GPS. It's so much easier than the one he bought 5 years ago. Plus, the blue tooth technology is just awesome. Cannot recommend more!

good product, with affordable price

Easy to use. Available for you to spell the name of the restaurants, hotels, fast food, etc., then let you choose the location that is closest to you. Of course, it will let you type in the address as well. The product includes the map of both Canada and the United States; I assume that includes Alaska. The only negative side is if you are not in a really "open air" position, such as underground parking or inside your house, the navigator cannot locate where you are. You have to get out to your garden or balcony in order to receive signals. In my case, even though the parking can look through outside, it still cannot receive signals.

Garmin Streetpilot GPS

Great GPS, used it across country from Idaho to North Carolina. A few wrong turns on my part, but was pleased with performance. Wish the construction zones and traffic report was still available (refurbished). Very helpful seeing how my wife can't read a map to the toilet...Overall pleased with purchase.

Mr. Dependable [sometime, sometime not]

Worked great for us and saved some money [we didn't have to rent one from AVIS] during our house hunting trip. It was very useful to just put the address and move from one place to another. The problems that I had faced were related to reception. At times, the Satellite is not available and if you are completely dependent on GPS for your direction, you are STUCK. Happened to us a few times but then the smart move is to come to an open area, see directions to your destination and either write them on a paper or use your memory.



Keyword : garmin

No comments: