Sunday, July 6, 2008

Garmin nüvi 370 3.5-Inch Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

Garmin nüvi 370 3.5-Inch Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

Bad suction cup

I am very disappointment with this product. I owned an old model of garmin (2720). That one worked well but just not looked too bulky for my new car. So I bought the garmin nuvi 370 for its sleek look and the potential to work in Europe. However, the basics are not good. The suction cup lost it suction capacity after only a few times of usage.

Garmin nuvi 370 GPS OUTSTANDING

I did quite a bit of internet and owner-interview research on many/various GPS products and vendors, and the Garmin 370 and Amazon are outstanding in every respect. The G-370 works great in the USA, Europe, and with their new '08 map of Mexico (where I'm traveling now) it is fantastic. Absolutely no complaints at all. Theft is a problem and the unit can be easily carried in your pocket, the wired connections are simple and convenient, battery life is great (6-8+ hours depending upon how you manage it), and it is shipped with all the accessories needed. Additionally, Garmin provides easy/simple internet access for updates and service/questions. I'm truly satisfied!

Broke my heart

I bought this to send with my wife and niece on a road trip from Florence to Barcelona. My wife has had another Garmin unit for years. We used the Nuvi 370 in L.A. It was balky until we updated it, then it was fine. Just before the trip, I loaded photos and songs on it. VERY BAD IDEA. DON'T USE ANY INTERNAL MEMORY. It gave memory errors in Europe and would never, ever work. Never, ever acquired a satellite. Thought it was still in L.A. Very, very big disappointment. When they got home, I tried it and it would not acquire a satellite, even after 20 minutes. On a hunch, I deleted all the photos and songs. Now it works fine. I did not see this documented anywhere, and I am kind of a geek. It was awfully slow to load photos, and did not sound good. So you are not missing anything. If you want to use these features, try using an SD card, and you might need to take the card out when you are navigating. The sandbag holder works great in L.A. They never needed it in Europe.

Nuvi 370 is groovi

With so many GPS to choose from, I'm very happy with the Nuvi 370. We live overseas so great having Europe maps preloaded and it has the US maps for when we return/visit. Picked it for its small size, being able to announce street names (not just left or right- very helpful to keep eyes on the road/signs), and bluetooth (so can drive hands free which is required here). I didnt think I'd use the tools but have actually found the currency and measurements converter to be handy. Has walking/biking options so can mark where you left the car and return a different way. Overall, very pleased with purchase and Electronica direct sent it fast.

Great help for travel

Bought this to go on a trip to Europe and as a present for my wife to use at home. Worked great, don't bother with the extra cards for translation or navi in Europe...works fine without.



Keyword : garmin

No comments: