Monday, July 7, 2008

GolfLogix GPS by Garmin (2008 Model)

GolfLogix GPS by Garmin (2008 Model)

As Promised

I bought the GolfLogix 2008 model to help me know how far I hit with each of my clubs and of course tell me how far to the flag,hazards,etc. I read some other reviews saying it's difficult to use, you need a cheat sheet to remember how to get your shot distance,and if the hole your playing on is close to another you don't get the reading of the hole your on. If you read any reviews like those you are being miss led probably by someone who works for SkyCaddie or another company,Because this is the easiest electronic unit you will ever see in todays hightech world. To get your shot distance PUSH ENTER from where you made your shot and walk to your ball. If it's reading a hole other then the one your on PUSH PAGE UP. So, if you can PUSH ONE BUTTON then you can operate this unit. Garmin is not going to sell you a $300 unit and not deliver on their promise and that goes with any company. Remember the saying "you get what you pay for",at $300 you get the best Golf GPS! GolfLogix help me have a more consisent game. I hope this review helps you filter though the BS.

Just what I wanted

The product performs exactly as advertised. The instructions were easy to understand, and I downloaded my favorite 20 couses within 15 minutes of opening the box. The ONLY problem I encountered with my unit was that it froze on me in the middle of a round. It wouldn't shut off, and all the buttons became inactive. Even removing the battery and replacing it did not seem to help. I reloaded all the courses again at home, and I have never had the problem reoccur. Overall, great product that I don't have to fiddle with. Truly hands free. The fact that it uses regular alkaline batteries is a big plus over those units that have to be charged.

Not as advertised, poor customer service

I am an avid golfer and thought I had found a good choice of gps, WRONG, if you live in a large metro area you will probably be happy with this gps, just don't try to reach golf logix customer service, I was on hold several times for well over 20 minutes just to have their reps give me conflicting info and finally just blaming me for the products' failure to work, very poor way to do business. BTW I love Amazon and have never had a problem with Amazon's customer service. Bottom line is their are better gps systems out there and I would highly recommend buying one that allows you to map a course directly to the gps, the golf logix unit does not and their course mappings are incomplete, meaning they say the course is mapped but in reality they are not and you have no way to correct it in the unit. AS always buyer beware, this product is not as advertised.

Garmin Golf Logix is a WONDERFUL thing!

I researched different golf GPS units before deciding on the Garmin. (I had actually gone to the store to purchase the 2.5 Sky Caddie, but after looking at it, I realized I couldn't read the information on the screen without wearing my reading glasses!) I am very satisfied with the Garmin Golf Logix. It was easy to download the software; and easy to save and load golf courses. The display is very easy to read at 6 feet away. Its lightweight and waterproof. I am normally a 10-12 handicap, 2 weeks ago I had my first sub-par round, and my first eagle the following weekend. What more can I say?!

A great father's day present for an 81 year old golf nut

Got this for my surprisingly computer adept 81 year old father after using one myself for one month. He was able to set it up on his Mac after a little help from the support services available from GolfLogix. Unfortunately, he received a defective unit but the folks at GolfLogix sent one out to him fairly quickly and it works very well. He is very happy with it but disappointed in the distance of his drives now that they are measured accurately. All of the courses he plays could be installed on the device so he is pretty happy and hoping to shoot his age any day now.



Keyword : gps

No comments: