Thursday, July 10, 2008

Garmin nüvi 770 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

Garmin nüvi 770 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

Map-Loading Freeze. Did They Test it Before Releaing it?

I thought my problem was unique, until I read some of the other reviews. A little more than one week after I started using it, the 770 locked up at "Map Loading," a problem you'll find mentioned in a number of reviews. From that point on it was useless and is currently on the way back to Amazon. Before it died, the 770 would, inexplicably, loose Blu-Tooth contact and display a "phone Disconnected" screen. repetitively turning it on and off, would eventually eliminate the problem. Unfortunately, the problem reoccurred every time I began another trip. Barry

Horrible Online Experience

My first problem was with Amazon who copped a "not our problem" deal with me when a concern did arise. Then the Garmin was defective and I returned it which was the second lousy experience with all the aggravation entailed. finally those lovely folks charged me a large restocking fee for a unit that in fact was defective. The net result was I will probably never buy from or through Amazon again and perhaps not online again. I will go to local shops and malls for all my future purchases of anything. Public beware!!! Marie Young

770 is great, but customer support is awful

I have owned no less than 6 Garmin GPS's. The customer support has continued to get worse and worse. I've literally tried for months to get the Nuvi 770 to work with my Blackberry Pearl and haven't been able to get it to work. It is a major undertaking to even get to customer support, let alone get a fix. It is rare that their website menu's work correctly or completely, when trying to get updates. The E-mail support is many times "canned" and is not an appropriate responce to the problem. When shopping check out the ratings on customer support of the brand you wish to buy.

It was a gem!

This 770 Nuvi saved our trip in England by getting us everywhere easy, smeazy. When I came home I set up the handsfree bluetooth with my cell phone and that was amazing. It was a breeze and the 770 also took the numbers from my cell to set up a very handy phone book. All this in just seconds. What a great little unit.

Great GPS

Great product. Works well with my iMac and quickly updated the latest software. The black face looks much better than the silver. No need for the AC charger, you can charge directly from your computer/laptop with the USB cable. I live in Switzerland and the preloaded maps work fine. The POI could be better, but I'm sure they are good in the USA. Speed limits are accurately displayed on the freeways. I will also use it in the USA later this year and it's useful to plan your route before you arrive. Very quick to pick up a signal.



Keyword : nuvi

No comments: