Thursday, July 10, 2008

Garmin Replacment Beanbag for Portable Friction Mount for Garmin GPS Units (010-10306-00)

Garmin Replacment Beanbag for Portable Friction Mount for Garmin GPS Units (010-10306-00)

Before Ordering Understand what You Are Ordering

Made a mistake in ordering a REPLACEMENT beanbag portable friction mount for my Garmin GPS order went throught with no problems 17th St Photo shipped the item no problem However there was a minor problem a replacement beanag is just that beanbag only No Mount. I wanted the whole unit. So I returned the item and reordered the correct item. My mistake unit costed me an extra 20.00 postage and extra cost of the unit. !7th Street Photo treated me very fair and quickly. Other than that it works fine

A great mount for normal driving....

One reviewer talks about this mount sliding off the dash during 'hard' cornering...well, it should! This is not a Nascar mount. I have owned both a Streetpilot III+ and a Streetpilot 2620 and used the beanbag mount exclusively with both units. I have never had to 'baby' the throttle or steering wheel while driving and I find this to be a relatively secure mount. The friction base is up to the task if you are driving normally, and bumps in the road have never presented a problem for either of my units; but these units are not nearly as light as some of the newer ones and would logically be less likely to jostle around than a featherweight. My job requires me to do a lot of driving (in excess of 30,000 miles per year), so I have plenty of opportunities to find faults with my gps or its mounting system. If the mount had been giving me trouble I would have abandoned it a long time ago. I still have the stick-on dash mounts that came with my units, but will never soil my dashboard by sticking them on because the beanbag works so well. Incidentally, I just ordered a Garmin 7200 with 7" screen and you know which mount I'll be using with it...!!!

Doesn't work on nuvi 200

The title pretty well says it all. This mount simply will not fit the Garmin Nuvi 200.

Garmin Beanbag better than window suction cup

I formerly placed my Garmin Nuvi on my front window below my rear-view mirror. The suction cup would eventually break loose and my Garmin would fall to the floor. This beanbag is perfect for stability and ease-of-placement on my Prius' dashboard. My Nuvi is as solidly planted as if it were permanently placed there. Sudden stops or turns doesn't displace this beanbag. For a fantastic alternative to the suction cup, this beanbag is perfect. Make sure that you have the Garmin Automotive Mount for Nuvi (010-10723-04).

be careful before you buy this

This version does not come with the mounting arm. You have to buy the version that costs three dollars more to get the mounting arm. The other complaint I have is that I originally bought the C330 and the tri-pod friction mount. The C330 crapped out and, as a discontinued item, they replaced it with a Nuvi 260. The tri-pod friction mount has the capacity to slide in a new arm, but Garmin doesn't make or sell one. I may try to self fabricate one out of protest that they stranded my investment in what is now a useless friction mount. Do they even sell the arms for these things separately?



Keyword : gps

No comments: