Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Garmin StreetPilot c530 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator

Garmin StreetPilot c530 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator

A dangerous GPS

The StreetPilot C530 is a model that does not provide spoken directions. This means the user must watch the screen while driving, in order to be aware of when and where to turn. This procedure can be very dangerous. It is much better to pay a few dollars more for a C550 and get a model that talks.

Excellent product from good dealer

I am pleased with this item and with the dealer who sold it to me. Very fast delivery at a good price.

Garmin C530

I like this better than the Magellan that my friend has but I wish there is a way to program it to take alternate routes and not to keep pointing you back to the highway that you wanted to avoid.

Garmin StreetPilot c530

This product is very user-friendly and easy to follow. The only worry I have with it is becoming overly dependant on it. I travel quite frequently and this product certainly takes a great deal of the stress away from planning trips.

Works great

It works great and has in general led me quickly to my destination and located restaurants in towns that I was passing on the interstate. One must get used to using it and I did find one location that tripped it up. I was driving along the Mississippi in New Orleans attempting to get on the bridge across to the West Bank. It directed me under the bridge and along a road parallel to it. There are multiple layers of roads on the bridge which apparently confused it for I heard the fateful word: "Recalculating". I followed the prompts and circled around a few times each time getting the dreadful "Recalculating". I finally gave up and found a sign directing me to interstate going in the opposite direction. I took it until I could exit, loop around and get on the road going in the right direction. My only wish would be for it to voice identify the road to turn on. It only says to turn right or left. The name of the road is in large letters at the top of the screen but I would prefer for the name to be included in the voice prompt.



Keyword : nuvi

No comments: