Saturday, July 26, 2008

Garmin Swiveling Automotive Mount for GPS 72 and GPS 76 (010-10305-00)

Garmin Swiveling Automotive Mount for GPS 72 and GPS 76 (010-10305-00)

buy, cheap, low price

great gps holder

I hardly ever used the GPS in my vehicle until I bought this, great addition, holds well and use it almost daily, no complaints, easy removal of GPS as well easy install, definatly worth the small investment

HELD UP OVER VERY ROUGH GRAVEL MOUNTAIN ROADS

I USED THE TEMPORARY ADHESIVE PATCH ON MY DASHBOARD. I HAVE TRAVELED OVER GRAVEL MOUNTAIN BACK ROADS AT 5-15MPH WITH AN F250 4X4, WHICH HAS A PRETTY STIFF RIDE. THE 76S DID ALOT OF VIBRATING, BUT NEVER LOST IT'S LOCKED IN POSITION ON THE MOUNT. SEEMS TO WORK PRETTY WELL FOR THE MONTH THAT I HAVE HAD IT.

Works great

I have been using this mount for almost a year and I love it!!!! However........ The previous review is correct -- the sticky stuff Garmin provides for the dashboard needs to be tossed out with the packaging. Don't even bother with it.. throw it away. I have mine attached to my dashboard with two large "3M Command Strips" and that works GREAT!!! I have had no problem at all since I switched over to the 3M strips which are available almost everywhere. If you can't find a package of the large strips, the medium ones work too, but you need to use three of them. (plus - 3M strips won't leave a mark on the dashboard if you decide to mount your GPS in a friend's car for the day) This last time I moved the mount in my van with the 3M strips was over 3 months ago and it is still holding strong with no slipping at all.... try it!!! I love the veratility of this mount. Much better than the old "stick to the windshield" type I used before. I can get it to any angle I want to avoid glare or to make it easier to read. I also love the fact that it is easy to get the GPS in and out in a hurry if you are taking it with you.. you don't have to fumble around and take the mount apart just to get your unit out. This mount is quite sturdy, easy to adjust and does the job well.... nice!

Great Mount but the stick-on mounting is marginal

The part of this bracket that holds the GPS is terrific. But the stick-on base is a joke. If you have treated your mounting surface previously with any kind of cleaner, polish, or wax, you will find it nearly impossible to mount this bracket. They supply cleaner and instructions, and on brand new surfaces I suspect it works better. But beware, this thing will let your nice GPS go flying just when you can't afford it to... Buy the garmin Marine Mount for your GPSMap 76, drill a couple holes and hard-mount the unit - you won't regret it. Alternatively, look at the various RAM mounts made for the GPSMap 76 series - they too have hard mount solutions that will secure your unit as it deserves to be.

Adequate for me

Not as adjustable as the etrex mount, but works for me. It has the same base as the etrex mount, in fact - I didn't have to peel off the etrex base to snap in the holder for my 76Csx; just popped the etrex one out, gpsmap one going in. Kind of pricey for what you get, but if you want/need one, you don't have many manufacturers (2) that makes a mount. A RAM mount would be an alternative, but I couldn't tell if they had temporary adhesive disks like garmin. So I went with Garmin.



Keyword : auto+gps

No comments: