Friday, July 4, 2008

Garmin nüvi 670 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

Garmin nüvi 670 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

Great Gadget

Man what a Gadget-- I've used GPS for years-- but this is unbelievable. The telephone Blue Tooth interface if worth the price in it's self. Haven't tried it in Europe yet, but in the States it's flawless-- p.s. -- be sure and buy the holder off Ebay that mounts on the AC vent-- this is alot better than sticking on windshield-- gets it down where you need it for phone use. enjoy--- you'll love it.

Garmin..Simply the best

I bought this model because it comes preloaded with US, Canada and Europe. My wife and I have been many places where we have put several extra miles on a car and hours on the clock going back and forth trying to narrow down the place we want to be. (we Now joke about it but it wasn't funny at the time) We wonder now, why no one we knew told us about this little device for so long. I don't know how current the maps are I suppose I could find out if I investigated it a bit, but so far we haven't been able to stump her. I plan on buying the expansion map to Mexico and see how that does as well. We call ours Laura and she hasn't got us lost yet. In fact, every place we have been to so far, has been spot on. It's really great to, especially at night, pull up to an unfamiliar place and have her tell you that you have arrived at??? Place on the left and see you are really where you want to be. I really like the way it re-calculates and tells you how to fix yourself if you miss a turn. It has always given enough advance notice on when to turn, but I would sometimes miss the turn on purpose to see what she does. The lighting in the day and the change at night are great. I don't have to squint or stare at it to understand what is being presented to me, It is easily understood and perfectly visible. The suction cup mount works great also, The first time I placed it on the glass I thought surely it would fall right off on the first bump I hit but no deal, Still secure in place and holding fast. I even find myself just using it for fun, even when I know perfectly well where I am and where I'm going, It's interesting to see how things behind the main roads are laid out. I have not had any complaints and I would recommend this to anyone that just wants to play around and suggest that, its a MUST HAVE if you have ever travelled to a place and spent any amount of time frustrated because you don't really know where you are, and aren't sure where to turn. (It could even save an argument with you're existing navigator). Thanks Garmin...

BE WARE- the POI are not correct!!!!!

I just got my 670 couple days ago and had used it but 2, 3 times. One of the perks of having this i thought, was so that i don't have to search for the addresses of museums, because the handy "Point of Interest" that comes preloaded in the unit. Was i wrong! After trusting it fully i end up somewhere in the ghetto where you would never want to venture in Los Angeles. I was lucky that it was still daytime, or else i would be very scared. after double checking the address i found the POI had a wrong zip code, and therefore leaded us astray. But how hard could it be to correct this error if the manufacturer do some double checking?! So from now on i still have to check the addresses of POIs on the computer to make sure they are right, which renders this feature semi-useless. Otherwise it's being an Okay GPS unit in my book. sw

Excellent

Very thorough navigation machine. However, it will divert you from a more established road due to traffic without advising you of the reason. I would rather be given the option.

Great GPS

This was my second GPS in two weeks. The first one, a Gamin that was far cheaper, seemed out of date. I sold that one to my kid sis and bought this one. The radio function does not work brilliantly but everything else does. It gets me out of traffic jams regularly in the NY metropolitan region. Its true test was a Friday before Memorial Day weekend and I was home in less than an hour! I was on roads I had never taken but it worked and worked better than I expected! A few times it has taken me down a ramp only to take me back up the next one but I think they all do that on occasion. I also used it in Europe briefly and it worked great there too!



Keyword : garmin

No comments: